Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Loctite 222

From Tempusmaster:
I'm not sure about the Hitec Robonova manual reference since I don't have one, but the most common "screw lock" used among the Robo-One builders here in Japan is Loctite 222. It's only applied for metal to metal threads (not metal to plastic) and used in moderation. Some people use a stronger Loctite, but it can be hard to break loose if you're not careful - and sooner or later you will want to remove screws. Here's what the Loctite website says about 222:222 Threadlocker Low Strength/Small ScrewLow strength threadlocker. Designed for precision metal fasteners under 3/4". Protects threads from rust and corrosion. Removable with hand tools. Available WorldwideTypical ApplicationsSet screws, adjustment screws, calibration screws, meters, gauges.

I am still not sure why to use it on a robo-one. The screws should not rust and you may want to remove them in the future. It may help keep them in place? I think I will try my washer and nut idea on the screws. I am worried about the stress on the hip bracket the most. The robonova manual dose not say where to use the screwlock. So I think that I will not use it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home